- 1 (4 pound) bag Classic Onion (Vegan) or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 6 ounces olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves sliced garlic
- 6 green onions, diagonally sliced (about 6 ounces)
- 6 small thinly sliced carrots (about 8 ounces)
- 1½ pounds thin asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- ¾ pound trimmed sugar snap peas
- 1½ pounds vegetable stock
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add pierogies and sauté for 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In the same sauté pan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and green onions, cook 2 minutes or until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Sauté carrots, asparagus and sugar snap peas with garlic and green onions approximately 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in vegetable broth, cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, thyme and pierogies.
- Continue to simmer 3 to 4 minutes, or until pierogies are heated through and cherry tomatoes are softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.