In 2018, Mrs. T’s Pierogies partnered with Long John Silver’s to add Classic Cheddar Mini Pierogies to their menu during Lent season, as a menu alternative to French fries. 23 stores in Central PA, Western PA and Ohio participated.
The Pierogies vs Fries Advantage
- Pierogies have a 45 minute hold time vs 10 minutes for fries
- Less waste vs fries
- High appeal across all age groups vs just fries — and a kid favorite
- Pierogies on plate produced higher profits than fries
- 4 Minis for individual order
- 13 Minis for family order
Custom Mrs. T’s POS materials created awareness and increased demand
- Suggestive selling techniques raised awareness:
“Do you want pierogies and slaw with that?”
- Operator team contests and incentives drove product push
Long John Silver’s 2018 Lent pierogy promotion was a resounding success: customers of all ages love them!
- Cross Country Ventures sold 152,787 Mini Pierogies during Lent – and have added them as a year-round, every day menu item.
- Corporate stores sold 30,000 Mini Pierogies during Lent.