K-12 Buffalo Chicken Bake
Meal Contribution: 3 ½ M/MA, 1 WGR, ¼ VEG-RO, 1/8 VEG-S
Serving Size: 1 serving (3 pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 3 pieces: Potato & American Cheese High Protein Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T’s – 41164-00376
- 1 ounce: Unseasoned Chicken Strips – Cooked
- ¼ cup: Marinara Sauce – Nutritionally Enhanced
- 1 tablespoon: Tabasco Sauce
- ½ ounce: Shredded American Cheese – Reduced Fat
- 1 tablespoon: Fat Free Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon: Chopped Scallions (Tops & Bulbs)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Steam chicken strips to 155°F.
- Spray 2” hotel pan with nonstick spray. Combine chicken strips and prepared pierogies.
- Mix marinara sauce & tabasco sauce together. Pour over prepared chicken strips & pierogies. Shingle pierogies in sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded American cheese over prepared pierogies. Bake at 350°F for an additional 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over prepared pierogies.
- Chop scallions and sprinkle over pierogies before serving
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.