K-12 Buttery Ranch Pierogies
Meal Contribution: 1 M/MA, 1 WGR, 1 VEG-O
Serving Size: 1 serving (6 pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 6 pieces: Potato & American Cheese Mini Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T’s - 41164-00833
- 1 tablespoon: Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon: Ranch Dressing Mix
- ½ cup: Sliced Onion (Optional)
- 1 sprig: Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Melt butter.
- Add powdered ranch dressing mix to melted butter. Blend thoroughly with a whisk. Combine ranch butter with prepared pierogies in 2” hotel pan.
- Finely chop fresh parsley (may substitute dried parsley) and sprinkle over pierogies before serving.
Optional: Slice raw onion. Steam or sauté to thoroughly cook. Combine onions with ranch butter pierogies.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.