K-12 Chicken & Pierogy Dumplings
Meal Contribution: 2 M/MA, 1 WGR, 1 VEG-O
Serving Size: 1 serving (6 pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 6 pieces: Potato & American Cheese Mini Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T’s – 41164-00833
- 1 ounce: Chicken Gravy Mix
- 1 ounce: Diced Chicken - Cooked
- ¼ cup: Peas – Reduced Sodium
- ¼ cup: Diced Carrots – Reduced Sodium
- 1 sprig: Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Spray 2” hotel pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine chicken gravy and prepared pierogies. Shingle lightly.
- Steam diced chicken to 155°F. Season diced chicken with garlic powder & white pepper to taste. Add diced chicken to prepared pierogies and gravy.
- Steam peas & diced carrots for 7 minutes. Combine with prepared pierogies.
- Chop fresh parsley (may substitute dried parsley) and sprinkle over pierogies before serving.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.