K-12 Chicken Florentine Pierogies
Meal Contribution: 2 ½ M/MA, 1 WGR, 1 VEG-DG
Serving Size: 1 serving (3 pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 3 pieces: Potato & American Cheese Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T’s – 41164-00375
- 1 ¼ ounces: Alfredo Sauce - Boil in Bag
- 1 ounce: Unseasoned Chicken Strips
- 1 cup: Fresh Spinach
- ½ ounce: Shredded Lite Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Prepare 2" hotel pan with nonstick spray. Heat sauce to 155°F. Pour prepared sauce in hotel pan. Shingle pierogies in sauce. Sauce may thicken as it is held in steamtable, thin with water to avoid too much thickening.
- Season chicken strips with garlic powder & white pepper to taste. Steam chicken strips to 155°F. Add chicken strips to prepared pierogies. Top with additional sauce.
- Combine spinach to prepared pierogies and chicken. Bake at 350°F for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over pierogies before serving.
Optional: Sprinkle fresh/dried parsley over pierogies as a garnish.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.