K-12 Fajita Pierogies
Meal Contribution: 2 M/MA, 1 WGR, 1 VEG-RO, 1 VEG-O
Serving Size: 1 serving (3 pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 3 pieces: Potato & American Cheese Pierogies w/WG Dough – Mrs. T’s – 41164-00375
- 1 ounce: Fajita Seasoned Chicken Strips – Cooked
- ½ cup: Green Bell Peppers
- ½ cup: Sliced Onions
- ½ cup: Salsa – Low Sodium
- 1 tablespoon: Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Steam chicken strips to 155°F. Add chicken strips to prepared pierogies.
- Slice peppers & onions julienne style. Steam or sauté.
- Combine prepared pierogies, chicken strips and sliced peppers & onions.
- Serve ½ cup of salsa with fajita pierogies.
- Chop fresh cilantro and sprinkle over pierogies before serving.
Optional: Serve with additional side condiments, such as extra salsa & sour cream.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.