K-12 Mrs. T’s with Spicy Marinara Sauce & Meatballs
Meal Contribution: 2 ½ M/MA, 1WGR, 1 VEG-RO
Serving Size: 1 serving (6 pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 6 pieces: Potato & American Cheese Mini Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T's - 41164- 00833
- 2 each: Beef Meatballs - Cooked - 0.833 oz.
- ¾ cup: Marinara Sauce - Nutritionally Enhanced
- ½ teaspoon: Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ ounce: Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - Low Moisture Part Skim
- 1 sprig: Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Heat meatballs to 165°F.
- Spray 2” hotel pan with nonstick spray. Pour marinara sauce to cover the entire bottom of the pan. Shingle pierogies in sauce.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over pierogies. Add additional marinara sauce to cover pierogies.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese over pierogies and marinara sauce. Bake at 350°F for an additional 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Chop fresh parsley (may substitute dried parsley) and sprinkle over pierogies before serving.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.