K-12 Philly Cheesesteak Pierogies
Meal Contribution: 3 ½ M/MA, 1 WGR
Serving Size: 1 Serving (3 Pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 3 pieces: Potato & American Cheese High Protein Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T’s – 41164-00376
- 1 ounce: Beef Sandwich Steak – Thinly Sliced & Chopped
- 1 tablespoon: Chopped Scallions (Tops and Bulbs)
- ½ ounce: Shredded American Cheese – Reduced Fat
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method- Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Season beef steak with white pepper & onion powder to taste. Cook beef steak meat to 165°F, remove from heat.
- Spray 2” hotel pan with nonstick spray. Combine cooked beef steak and pierogies. Gently toss.
- Chop fresh onion - steam or sauté. Gently toss fresh onion with beef steak and pierogies.
- Sprinkle shredded American cheese over pierogies before serving.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.