K-12 Pierogy Mac & Cheese
Meal Contribution: 2 M/MA, 1 WGR, 1 VEG-O
Serving Size: 1 Serving (6 Pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 6 pieces: Potato & American Cheese Mini Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T’s – 41164-00833
- 3 ounces: Cheddar Cheese Sauce – Reduced Sodium
- ½ cup: Broccoli Florets
- ¼ cup: Red Bell Pepper – Diced
- 1 tablespoon: Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon: Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Prepare 2" hotel pan with nonstick spray. Heat sauce to 155°F. Pour prepared cheese sauce in hotel pan. Shingle pierogies in sauce.
- Lightly steam broccoli florets and red peppers. Gently toss steamed broccoli florets and red peppers with pierogies.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and bake at 350°F uncovered as a casserole for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley (may substitute dried parsley) as a garnish before serving.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.