K-12 Poutine Pierogies
Meal Contribution: 2 M/MA, 1 WGR
Serving Size: 1 Serving (3 Pieces)
Allergens: Contains Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
- 3 pieces: Potato & American Cheese Pierogies w/ WG Dough – Mrs. T’s – 41164-00375
- 2 ounces: Brown Gravy Mix – Gluten Free – Low Sodium
- 1 ounce: Mild Cheddar Cheese Cubes – Reduced Fat
- 1 tablespoon: Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss pierogies with olive oil making sure to coat evenly. Arrange pierogies on full size sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
**Alternate cooking method - Steam for 7-10 minutes in perforated hotel pan with liner.
- Spray 2” hotel pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine water & gravy mix in container, blend until smooth. Heat to desired temperature & pour over prepared pierogies in 2” hotel pan.
- Top prepared pierogies and gravy with cheese cubes. Bake at 350°F for an additional 5 minutes to soften cheese cubes.
- Chop fresh parsley (may substitute dried parsley) and sprinkle over pierogies before serving.
- Bake or steam pierogies prior to adding other ingredients.
- Do not overfill hotel pan to avoid pierogies from sticking together.