Mini Pierogy Mac ‘n Cheese Skillet
- 1 bag Mini Classic Cheddar
- 4 ounces olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 10 ounces broccoli florets
- 3 small red peppers, diced
- 3 small yellow squash, diced
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ¼ pounds heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pound shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add half the olive oil and sauté the pierogies until they are golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Remove the pierogies from the pan; set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Sauté the white parts of scallions over medium high heat until they are fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, peppers and squash. Continue cooking for 5-8 minutes until tender-crisp. Remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Whisk together flour, salt, pepper and heavy cream in the skillet. Simmer mixture until thickened. Add the cream cheese, stirring until melted.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Stir in cheese until the sauce is melted and smooth. Add the pierogies and vegetables back to the pan, gently stirring until coated.
- Top with remaining scallions before serving.