Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Mini Pierogies
- 1 bag Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 2 pounds asparagus, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup hot water, if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Pecorino Romano cheese
- ¾ cup olive oil
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat ¼ cup olive oil. Sauté onions, asparagus, and mushrooms until browned.
- Place pierogies in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Mix pierogies in with the vegetables.
- Add pesto sauce to pierogy mixture. If it looks a little thick, add ½ cup of hot water to thin the pesto.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined, scraping the sides as necessary; set aside.
- Optional: Use your favorite jarred pesto sauce.