Baby Spinach & Mushroom Pierogies
- 1 bag Classic Onion (Vegan) or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onions or shallots
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 32 ounces vegetable or miso broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place pierogies in boiling water until hot, 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté minced garlic in oil until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and onions, sauté until softened.
- Add spinach, sauté until heated.
- Combine cornstarch with broth and seasonings, add to spinach and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place pierogies in container and top with spinach.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.