Caprese Pesto Pierogies
- 1 bag Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 2 ½ pounds canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 10 ounces fresh basil, packed
- 12 ounces walnuts
- 1 ½ pounds fresh grated Romano cheese
- 8 cloves minced, garlic
- 1 ¼ pounds extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine basil, walnuts, Romano cheese and garlic in a food processor. Pour in olive oil slowly while still mixing; season with salt and pepper. Scrape down sides, and if necessary pulse one more time to make sure pesto is smooth. Set aside.
- Boil pierogies for 5 to 7 minutes, as directed on package. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes to pierogies; stir together.
- Toss pierogies and pesto mixture together gently in a large container before serving.