Creamy Jalapeño & Chorizo Pierogies
- 1 bag Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T’s Pierogies
- 5 pounds Chorizo* crumbles, cooked
- 3 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 10 pounds (20 cups) Alfredo sauce
- 4 pounds extra sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 3 cups milk, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- *Optional: Vegetarian meat crumbles can be used in place of chorizo to make vegetarian.
- Boil pierogies according to package directions.
- Heat the Alfredo sauce until it simmers; mix in cheddar cheese, stirring until melted. Add in milk if sauce is too thick.
- Mix in half of the chorizo, red pepper and diced jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss the pierogies with the sauce. Top with remaining, chorizo, bell pepper, and sliced jalapeños.