Fresh Cilantro Shrimp and Pesto Pierogies
- 1 bag Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 4 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 ounces fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces olive oil
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine cilantro, walnuts, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Slowly add olive oil to the food processor and process until smooth consistency is reached.
- Grill shrimp until pink, approximately 5 to 7 minutes; keep warm.
- Boil pierogies for 5 to 7 minutes, as directed on package; set aside.
- Heat heavy cream over medium heat in a small saucepan to just boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and combine heavy cream with cilantro mixture.
- Toss pierogies, shrimp and pesto mixture together gently in a large container. Top with Parmesan cheese before serving.