Pad Thai Mini Pierogies
- 1 bag Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 2 ounces butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds extra firm tofu, pressed, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 pound stir fry vegetables
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ cups peanut sauce
- 2 ½ cups bean sprouts
- ¾ cup peanuts, chopped
- 6 scallions, diagonally sliced
- Place pierogies in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Cook eggs until just scrambled; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon of hot oil, cook garlic until lightly browned. Remove garlic to bowl with eggs.
- Using the same skillet over medium-high heat, with remaining oil; cook tofu, vegetables, salt and crushed red pepper, stirring constantly, until tofu is browned.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in pierogies, egg mixture, peanut sauce, and bean sprouts. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and scallions.