Philly-Style Pierogy Cheesesteak
- 1 bag Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 sliced bell peppers (about 8 ounces)
- 2 large sliced onions (about 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless sirloin or flank steak, sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded cheddar or American cheese
- 9 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- Boil pierogies for 3 to 5 minutes, as directed on package; drain and place pierogies in a large bowl.
- Over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add peppers, onions and ½ teaspoon of salt; cook until tender-crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the bowl with the pierogies and toss gently to combine.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet and add the steak, ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Return pierogies and vegetables to skillet; toss with the steak.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover the skillet and remove from heat; let stand until cheese begins to melt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon some pierogy mixture into each roll; serve.